New User

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:20 AM
Hey there,

I downloaded the release and looked through it a bit in VS. I don't have DNN currently installed and I was wondering if there was a way to run the WowGuildRoster without it or if I needed to install DNN first. Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2007 at 5:50 PM
Hi,

For lack of time, the user experience that I'm putting my time into at the moment.

But, that being said, the business logic is completely rock-solid for being exposed via other environments - I just haven't built it out as a full UI or packaged it as a standalone exe. In the source code (since you're looking at it), you will notice that there is an Windows UI that I've been using as a test harness to test the business code out without needing to code up the UI (in DNN). If you or someone else is interested in building out a different UI, I would be very supportive of the effort -- I just personally don't have the time to do it until v1 is done, but I would be very interested in doing a Windows management app for the roster once v1 is out there.

My hope, once v1 gets packaged, is to start taking the DNN install and create web server controls that make the UI elements reusable in both generic ASP.NET apps and DNN...which should help streamline this as a more base codebase...but that would depend on if there is interest for other thin-client platforms.