Problems installing 1.2.2.5

Feb 21, 2008 at 1:43 AM
When I try to save a roster after providing guild name, server. I get the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.UI.DNN.WGR_ControlPanel.ResetPage() +39
DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.UI.DNN.WGRControlPanel.lbSaveClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) +122
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions.ProcessPageLoadException(Exception exc, String URL) +362
DotNetNuke.Framework.PageBase.Page_Error(Object Source, EventArgs e) +484
System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +105
System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +73
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6969
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +213
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +4
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64
Feb 21, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Not exactly sure what's going on, but if you haven't recently tried installing your most recent version on a clean install,I would recommend doing it. I think there's some broken functionality for new installs.

For starters, trying to save the first roster fails with an application error. Likewise, clicking on the Roster link from within the control panel produces the same error.

The roster does seem to save though, because going to Host settings and restarting the application resets the Roster module, and the rosters you tried to save are now listed in the dropdownlist.

Even though the rosters are defined, you can't seem to actually get any of them to display in the module. Checking the armory data loads, it does appear the database is being populated, but nothing is being displayed on the module.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 4:51 AM
Sorry for the delay - I'll take a look at this tomorrow.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2008 at 4:52 AM
Edited Feb 25, 2008 at 4:53 AM
One thing...what version of DNN and SQL Server are you running on?

And is there anything on the Errors control panel section? (it would note missing stored procedures or db errors there)
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:10 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:56 AM
As an update - this was a coding logic error...particularly around adding rosters, not with updating them.

Added into my testing list - to delete all existing rosters and add them in new, as well as updating them.

Sorry about that!