Problems installing

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM
I guess I'm missing something but when I attempt to install, I'm getting these errors:

Failure File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: DotNetWarcraft.Common.dll
Failure File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.dll
Failure File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.LoadLogic.dll
Failure File specified in the dnn could not be found in the zip file: DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.UI.DNN.dll

Do I need to compile and repackage the application to install it?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Hello,

You should be able to install the ZIP file into the DotNetNuke installation as you would any other Public Assembly (PA). I'm guessing, from the above, you tried placing the files from the ZIP into the directory by hand and then tried doing the install, as opposed to using the ZIP file via the PA installer.

You need to be logged into DNN as the host user, then go to the 'host' menu, select 'Module Definitions', then click the link to install a new module - and browse it to the ZIP file you grabbed from the 'Releases' tab here.

DotNetNuke does a decent job of placing all the files where they need to be and running it from there.

Does that help at all?
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:40 PM
Actually, that is what I tried to do. I went through the standard DNN installation process. DNN went through the process of installing but failed at that point. I tried both builds 14474 and 14318. I'll try the new build today and see if it installs.
Feb 27, 2008 at 12:48 PM
Ok. I just realized my error. I was trying to install from source instead of the compiled version on the release page. Thanks for the response.

Ken
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2008 at 3:10 PM
Good deal.

You can also install it by copying the source, but it requires putting all of the DLLs into DNN's bin directory.

Make sure you install v1.2.3, as it will prevent you from dealing with a couple caching issues around adding new rosters.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM
As a side-note, I've added screen shots to the wiki for this project to help prevent confusion in the future.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 3:18 PM
As a second side-note - there was some confusion on the AJAX Control Toolkit DLL requirement. I've added additional detail to the installation page around that.