Installation Issues (Database related?)

Mar 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM
I've got the following error being thrown when I try to install the PA:

StartJob Begin Sql execution
Info Executing 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider
StartJob Start Sql execution: 01.00.00.SqlDataProvider file
Failure SQL Execution resulted in following Exceptions: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'thomsomc.SYSOBJECTS'

Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj

Annnnd then finally...
Info Executing 01.00.04.SqlDataProvider
StartJob Start Sql execution: 01.00.04.SqlDataProvider file
Failure ExceptionSystem.InvalidOperationException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached. at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteADOScript(String SQL) at DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider.ExecuteScript(String Script, Boolean UseTransactions) at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ResourceInstaller.PaDnnInstallerBase.BatchSql(PaFile sqlFile) at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ResourceInstaller.PaDnnInstallerBase.ExecuteSql(PaFolder Folder) at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ResourceInstaller.PaDnnInstallerBase.Install(PaFolderCollection folders) at DotNetNuke.Modules.Admin.ResourceInstaller.PaInstaller.Install()

So I think this may be an issue with my nomenclature on my SQL database. But, i'm not a pro web developer, so I was hoping for some help. Thanks!
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:40 PM
Edited Mar 7, 2008 at 4:41 PM
It definitely looks like an error between DNN and the database.

The massive error might be worth pinging the DNN forums on.

That being said, try executing the following SQL and see what happens:
(to run, go to 'Host' | 'SQL' on your DNN menu)
SELECT * 
FROM {databaseOwner}SYSOBJECTS 
WHERE id = object_id(N'{databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}DNW_WGR_AddCharEntry]') and 
OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure') = 1

When you click the 'Execute' link, nothing should display (if the PA installer failed, then there shouldn't be a stored procedure to display) - and if you click 'Run as Script', it should say 'The Query completed successfully!'

My GUESS is that you're running into issues with the {databaseOwner} variable being replaced by the DNN system with 'thomsomc' and therefore it isn't able to get to the SYSOBJECTS view.

If you get that same error back, I would suggest try removing the {databaseOwner} from the query, and therefore executing the following:
SELECT * 
FROM SYSOBJECTS 
WHERE id = object_id(N'{databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}DNW_WGR_AddCharEntry]') and
OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure') = 1
...and see if that runs without error.

As an aside, this query will hit a standard DNN table, and you can use this for playing around with the SQL on a DB object that should certainly exist. :)
SELECT * 
FROM {databaseOwner}SYSOBJECTS 
WHERE id = object_id(N'{databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}Modules]') and
 OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsTable') = 1
...and of course it's owner-lacking cousin...
SELECT * 
FROM SYSOBJECTS 
WHERE id = object_id(N'{databaseOwner}[{objectQualifier}Modules]') and
 OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsTable') = 1

Let me know how this goes...and hope it helps,
Cliff