geek626

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:24 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Hello,
I recently installed DNW Guild Roster. The installation went perfectly and the scheduler setup was fine and successful but after adding a guild to the roster to query I am receiving the following error.

on the roster the character name links are displaying a link "http://nightfalllegends.geeksverse.net/~/Default.aspx?tabid=85&ctl=ViewChar&mid=417&CharID=3

I believe that the bolded is where my problem lies because when i manualy romove "~/" it works fine.  

http://nightfalllegends.geeksverse.net/Default.aspx?tabid=85&ctl=ViewChar&mid=417&CharID=3

I searched and searched following the code but could not locate anything that tells it to goto ~/Default.aspx instead of Default.aspx.

Id apreciate any help you could give me on this.

fyi im using DNN 5.06.00, ajax binaries are in place and everthing else is fine.

just an update i have completely reinstalled dnn and the module and it shows the same problem as above its location is now:

http://nightfalllegends.geeksverse.net/apps/cms/nldnn/~/Default.aspx?tabid=83&ctl=ViewChar&mid=408&CharID=3

http://nightfalllegends.geeksverse.net/apps/cms/nldnn/Default.aspx?tabid=83&ctl=ViewChar&mid=408&CharID=3

Change: I have now made pages to serve specific guilds on my site and a varient of the same problems still exists here is an example of the link that is in error:

http://nightfalllegends.geeksverse.net/apps/cms/nldnn/Members/~/Default.aspx?tabid=86&ctl=ViewChar&mid=408&CharID=3

to get this link to work i have to remove "Members/~/" from the url and then it displays the profile for that specific character.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2010 at 7:32 PM

My guess would be that this is happening in one of two places (I'm unsure what is really causing that; perhaps it's the subdirectories in the install):

-1- In the CharNavUrl() method of the WGR_CharList.ascx.cs control. This is where I set the URL for each character in the list:

public String CharNavUrl(String charId) {
        // CRS - 2009/02/15 - Using NavigateURL instead of EditURL. DNN5.0 no longer adds in a -1 module ID (mid), which
        //                      was causing errors when users would try to follow the URL for a character.
        // URL on Globals.NavigateURL == http://www.adefwebserver.com/DotNetNukeHELP/NavigateURL/
        return Globals.NavigateURL(this.TabId, "ViewChar", "mid=" + this.ParentModuleID.ToString(), "CharID=" + charId);
    }

-2- ...or it's the Javascript entries in the WGR_CharList.ascx file that link to the URL:

_builder.append(<%=ClientID%>_editEntryUrl.toString().replace("{CharID}", results[i].Char_ID));

Given how the code has evolved over the years, my guess is that it is likely the Javascript that is doing this.

Can you try one thing?: Replace each instance (there should be two of them in the file) of in the WGR_CharList.ascx file:

_builder.append(<%=ClientID%>_editEntryUrl.toString().replace("{CharID}", results[i].Char_ID));

with:

_builder.append(<%=ClientID%>_editEntryUrl.toString().replace("{CharID}", results[i].Char_ID).replace("/Members/~/", "/"));

...and see if that works? That should take that errant string and fix it for your installation - if it doesn't do the replacement, try using a double forward-slash instead of a single forward-slash and see if that works (I'm not a Javascript expert, and I'm guessing that it needs the singles based on the rest of the Javascript in the file :) ).

Try that out and let me know how it goes.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I was poking around your website, it looks like you have a few cases of oddness going on there.

To hit all of them, I would add each replacement case onto the append call, replace each instance (there should be two of them in the file) of in the WGR_CharList.ascx file:

with:

_builder.append(<%=ClientID%>_editEntryUrl.toString().replace("{CharID}", results[i].Char_ID).replace("/Members/~/", "/").replace("/Guilds/~/", "/").replace("/~/", "/"));

..always leaving the "/~/" case as the last thing to replace. Hope this helps!

Nov 22, 2010 at 1:10 AM
Edited Nov 22, 2010 at 1:11 AM

wow people do this for a living...pfft

K that did not work but i took your example and it did do some changes this is how i had to modify it

_builder.append(<%=ClientID%>_editEntryUrl.toString().replace("{CharID}", results[i].Char_ID).replace("/Members/~/", "~/").replace("/Guilds/~/", "~/").replace("~/", "/pathtomyappfromroot"));

Thanks for ther help all is working now

i am not sure what is wrong with my instalation and or enviroment didnt seem like much help for this error on the web

but thanks much

have a nice day!

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Thanks for getting it to work! (I always love seeing another guild website running the guild roster! :) )

Definitely don't take it as something wrong with your site or environment - DNN can be a fickle thing, and I no longer code for a living (and, even back then, it was proof of concept coding), so I'm by far not an expert at this stuff. My site is still running 5.03 - so it's also quite likely that something changed between 5.02 (which I think was the last DNN5 I tested against) and 5.06.

I'm predicting have to revisit the code again over the holiday season (with the release of Cataclysm, I'm expecting the XML schema in the Armory to change again!), but I'll give 5.06 a test locally next month and see if there's a change in the codebase that needs a coding fix implemented.

Also, let me know if you there's anything you spot that needs to be fixed/tweaked/etc. As I've mentioned in other threads, I haven't been playing since my son was born (almost 16 months ago), so I'm not up on anything new that needs to be tracked. Also, if you find a gearscore formula you would like used, let me know (but please pass along the actual formula ;-) ).

Again - awesome that it's working!!!
- Cliff

Nov 23, 2010 at 2:37 AM

Absolutely, and thats to most points made above.. Cataclysm is going to defantly change things. In fact the armory has been bugie itself as far as not updating as usual, but i am almost certain that all that is being moved to the new community site that blizz is launching with cataclysm. If this is of interist to you it is located at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ . Just wondering tho while talking about information freshness, have you put any mind to making the data collector an add-on that updates in-game? also above i ment no offence by the comment about pros quite the opposite.. im a script kitty admitedly(tho i would not buy the shirt) ive learned what little i know by reconizing structure and piece work, and i could not have done it without your help and pointing me to the correct string and ....well you did it man i just tweaked it into place lol. also when you release the modifacations needed for all the upcoming changes is there a way that i could be notified? Thank you

have a nice day!