Character stats do not load

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM
Has anyone come across this problem? The roster itself is working fine, but when I try to open a character, a blank page is displayed. It used to work fine, all of a sudden it stopped working.
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2009 at 1:38 AM

What's displayed in the hover on the guild list view? And when you say blank page, what do you mean by blank page? Within the module, no stats, totally blank page? What does the URL look like when the blank page comes up?

Also - what version of DNN?

Thanks!
Feb 7, 2009 at 8:41 AM
Edited Feb 7, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Here's link to our roster: http://www.puistokemistit.net/Default.aspx?tabid=77 the hover tooltip works.

And here's what happens when I click a character: http://www.puistokemistit.net/Default.aspx?tabid=77&ctl=ViewChar&mid=-1&CharID=302 it shows just the DNN stuff, menus etc.

All rights to db and files should be in order, because other modules work ok. I'm running DNN 4.9.1, 

On Data loads section of the control panel, it says operation succesfull, I just looked roster loading errors, and I get an error, I guess this is the one causing the problem:

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. - at Kralizek.WoWArmoryParser.ArmoryParser.GetCharacter(String Realm, String Name, RegionEnum Region) at DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.Business.LoadArmoryCharEntry.Execute()

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Very odd.

The data seems to be there (it's with the tooltip); and the character ID is in the URL, which means it should going somewhere.

When you're logged in as the admin or host user, does it give any error message?

As for the data loads, you should be okay there - I handle the error 500's tossed by the Armory okay (I ignore them and keep moving).

BTW - would you be interested in localizing the module (class names, profession names, the UI labels) if I were to detail how to do it (it would be adding a resx resource file and changing the text strings in there)?
Feb 8, 2009 at 6:31 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2009 at 6:39 AM
It makes no difference am I logged in or not. And there are no error messages.

I'm going to go thru the user rights on the server and db when I have the chance. I'll have a look at eventlog at the same time

Sure, I can make a finnish translation for you, just tell me the file where I can find them.
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM
I am also encountering the same problem when I click on a name in the roster (mousing over does show the tooltip info).

However, I also get an error message in my center content panel...

A critical error has occurred.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm on a clean DNN 5.00.00 site...http://eofa.rulerofmyownworld.com

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM
Ok, found it.

Under Host settings, there is "Friendly URL settings" in DNN. I had that turned off, I can remember there was some reason for me doing, but do not remember it anymore :)

But anyways, I have Firiendly URLs turned on, and character data shows up correctly. Now to test what  broke down by enabling those, but that is another story....
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2009 at 5:16 PM
This was actually related to the DNN 5.0 fix.

I've fixed this on my dev box, and should have the fix up by end of day today. :)

Thanks for raising the issue!