Characters Data Load

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I have 101 Characters but every time the dataload for charcters runs.

It skips them all

see image: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4686/skipped.jpg

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Now there are some errors popping up.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7374/skippederror.jpg

Of course when I got to the errors section under control panel there is nothing there.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2009 at 2:05 AM

I don't know why it would be skipping them...odd. Typically, the roster will skip an entry for one of two reasons: the entry is just as current as the one currently in the database (in this case, the character hasn't been logged in since the last load - but this isn't the case for you because you don't have a prior load) or if the character doesn't have data in the Armory - the Armory doesn't seem to track data for folks who haven't logged in for some time.

If the loading code gets a timeout error from the WoW Armory, it doesn't bubble it up and report it - and just continues. So it is okay for it not to always report out an error. How did the load go after passing through the entire roster - did it pick up any?

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:29 AM

It did not pick up any.. and at one point it skipped 349 characters and there are only 104 in my guild.

Then the next time it skipped under 100 which of course makes sense.

Error from the rosters control panel is the same as the other thread:

Error ID Date/Time Detailed Error Information
13 8/2/2009 10:04:46 PM
Type: System.InvalidOperationException
Error Info: DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.Data.SqlDataProvider.UpdateDataLoad
Handle is not initialized. - at System.WeakReference.set_Target(Object value) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.PostPop(Object newOwner) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) at DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.Data.SqlDataProvider.UpdateDataLoad(DataLoad objDataLoad)

Also got this at one point.

9 8/2/2009 1:03:59 PM
Type: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException
Error Info: DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.Business.LoadArmoryCharEntry.Execute(97) - Exception while calling Kra
Message: Thread was being aborted. - at Kralizek.WoWArmoryParser.ArmoryParser.GetCharacter(String Realm, String Name, RegionEnum Region) at DotNetWarcraft.WoWGuildRoster.Business.LoadArmoryCharEntry.Execute()

I have resinstalled the module twice as well. Thinking maybe it was a rogue setting. (Adding on.. the databases did not uninstall correctly had to remove manually... seems like the deletion of some of the foreign keys and stored procs did not succesfully happen.)

Errors from DNN event viewer were threads being aborted and some other rogue error.

This is rather dissappointing, I am not sure what is causing the error on my end.

I am able to access the .asmx file from the server.. but I have no idea how to test it.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2009 at 5:38 AM

Is it installed locally, or do you have a URL you could send me?

Aug 3, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I can send you a link once I get home later today,  do you need access to anything or just to be able to see the page?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2009 at 6:19 PM

My initial thoughts were to see the page and to try to pull your guild data down locally. If that stumps me, then access might be nice...but I prefer not getting access to anything unless I need it (less chance of being blamed if anything goes down coincidently). :)

Additional Q: What's your set-up?: DNN version, SQL version, etc?

Aug 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Here ya go. Thanks for the help!

http://pandemicbh.com/RosterPublicView/tabid/68/Default.aspx

Version: 05.01.00 (773)

SQL Version:  SQL Express 2008

Framework: 3.5

Anything else you need let me know.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Awesome; I'll poke into this when I get home -- the proxy server here at work doesn't let me hit the Armory.

Wondering if maybe SQL Express may be a sticking point -- never used SQL Express before.

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Okay - I found a couple errors in the Armory Parser DLL. When I added the Melee Expertise and Spell HasteRating sections, I failed to instantiate a couple internal variables.

I fixed the code and uploaded it as 1.8.4 - your data is now downloading appropriately locally...if you install the new PA, all should be good. :)

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:23 PM

You rock!

Thanks! I will give it a try when I get home tonight.